1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

A littlebig hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by QuietlyWrong, Nov 27, 2017.

1. QuietlyWrong

QuietlyWrong Waiting for sleep

Hello hyperdude95 and other would-be dreamers!

With the countdown to PSX closing in on zero, anticipation bubbling up, I thought I'd pop my head in and say hi! I've normally been found over on the EU official PlayStation forums where you can find a 'Dreams' board that has so far mostly attracted people who think the board is for their general PS4 wishes, not a specific game. :p

I have dabbled in LBP, helped out a lot with the later Contraption Challenges with Chimp and Fish (if anyone remembers those) and am looking forward to getting my hands deep into Dreams's inner workings. I hope to have lots of time to explore it and pad out some comprehensive wiki entries. (I have no artistic talent, so it's just as well I love to document stuff and hope to lend people a hand with their logic...)

It's an exciting time to be asleep!

--
    QW

2. And a littlebig hello to you!

QuietlyWrong likes this.
  3. BLAHBLAH1000

BLAHBLAH1000 The advocate for Fuzzy

Welcome! I remember participating in Contraption Challenge 12. I believe I updated my level after the deadline so it didn't actually "compete" but it was a really fun project anyway! ^_^

Yonderland and QuietlyWrong like this.
  4. fireblitz95

fireblitz95 Lazily Dreaming..

Welcome to Dreambubble, nice to meet you! :D

QuietlyWrong likes this.
  5. QuietlyWrong

Thanks for the welcomes, folks, nice to meet you all! :)

Yeah, quite a few were caught out by making some really minor change after the deadline. We had to be really strict and sometimes it felt mean. CC12 was just before me. I entered CC13 and then got involved with the judging after that. I'm really curious to see how the mechanics and logic translate to Dreams, whether new Contraption Challenges would make sense. Also considering that there will be tools to search for pre-built components that other people put together and published...

Yonderland and BLAHBLAH1000 like this.
  6. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

Welcome to dreambubble QW!

-hyper

QuietlyWrong likes this.
  7. Dude i used to love the contraption challenges! those were pretty much the crowning achievement back in the day, next to an Mm Pick. They were a huge inspiration for me as a kid, i used to dream of being able to talk to nuclear fish as his levels were such a big deal in lbp2.

it's awesome that you're here, great to have you. i love that so many old members of the LBP community are getting involved in Dreams

QuietlyWrong likes this.
  8. QuietlyWrong

Cool! I bet there will be a lot from LBP settling in on the Dreams side. It's a natural overlap and the happy welcoming community will make transfering easy.

I expect Nuke will make Clockworx 4 or something similar. :)

Yonderland likes this.
  9. Oh I’ll definitely be making Clockworx 4.

And of course we’ll bring the Contraption Challenge back, if you and Chimp are up for it!

Yonderland and QuietlyWrong like this.
  10. QuietlyWrong

Yeah, sounds awesome! XD

*one eye twitches uncontrollably*

11. Moleynator

Moleynator Resident fart bubble

I was sitting next to Chimp at the LBP3 Game Jam when he first saw that Contraption Challenges were an actual thing in LBP3. Great memories!

I met Fish when LBP2 was at Eurogamer all those years ago too. So that's two thirds of the team down and one to go! Haha!

12. QuietlyWrong

At the end of September 2014, in The Troubadour Cafe's secret dungeon, a short walk from the old Earls Court Exhibition Centre... You and ARD were on one side of the room, Nuke and I were on the other. :)

I think I was preoccupied with helping StevenI get a working display for the PS4 at one point and I think the solution eventually required a trip back to the Exhibition Centre but I didn't have an event pass, so I think we missed the opportunity for proper introductions. But hi anyway. *waves*

13. Moleynator

Moleynator Resident fart bubble

Yeah, I was the one that had to go and get stuff! Haha!

I didn't realise that was you! Sorry man!

14. QuietlyWrong

No worries, I'm sorry I'm not good at introducing myself. I like to blend into the background where possible - except when leading Nuke astray by persuading him to help me cheat at Burn Box. :p

(And I still think we didn't beat ARD's score. :))