1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

DREAMS IS COMING 2018!

Discussion in 'News' started by hyperdude95, Dec 8, 2017.

1. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

That's what @klawwSP said. :p

-hyper

2. So they have been presented with the japanese localisation for UI.
    Which means localisation is already rolling.

I tried to find some info about what phase in development this happens. (obviously at the end d'uh) but how close to the end?
    Wikipedia states that this process is 'the preparation of video game software and hardware for sale in a new region or country.'
    what i am reading here is: preparation and sale

If anyone with more knowledge of such processes could chime in, that would be really great.

3. QuietlyWrong

QuietlyWrong Waiting for sleep

Interesting. I think what it suggests is that the beta is going to be available in Japan. Which can only be a good thing.

4. The game is comming out spring 2018 so i think the beta will release early 2018

Nikidan likes this.
  5. It suggests that menus and the campaign are mainly built out.  This appeared to be the case from what they showed at PSX. They could still be working on things that need translation while the translation is taking place, of course.  I don't think it necessarily means the game is ready to ship.  I base that on their hesitance to show trigger zones and cameras; and lack of confidence that it was all going to work without a hitch.

6. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

Whoa there! Who said Spring 2018? :)

-hyper

7. This game always feels like it's eternally out of reach.

Nikidan likes this.
  8. Media Molecule said so at psx. Watch the conversation between Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) and Shuehei. Greg says they accidentley said it is comming spring 2018.
    Offcourse it still can get delayed though, because they didn't officially announced it

9. can you provide a link? I fail to find a recent psx talk with both shuhei and greg miller

10. Assuming spring 2018 is correct, you still have to consider that could be any time between 3/20 and 6/21. Could easily still be 6 months out even if it is spring.

11. i can't find it either. it was in the full conference. I know there is a video of kinda fynny daily or gamescast where they say it again that it is spring 2018

12. I went through everything I could find with Greg Miller in it around the time of PSX, and no mention of spring 2018.  The panel with Greg and Shuhei was on the 8th before Greg would have seen Dreams at all, and Greg actually dismisses Dreams when Shuhei tries to talk about it.  In the kindafunny daily he did right after he got back from PSX they talk a bit about the 2018 PS4 lineup, and Dreams specifically, but no dates or timeframes.

13. in the psx interview he said to Shuhei that they said it would release spring 2018 and asked if they would not get in trouble for saying that ( but i can't seem to find it either). Also i do believe that it was Tim who said it again it was spring 2018 not Greg. But don't remember wich video it was, Greg was not in it.

Edit:
             around 14:15 they talk about dreams

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  14. Alright, thats interesting. fingers crossed they have a reliable source - and no delays happen

15. Single source like this where some guy on some games show said it, is not super credible in my mind.  Greg doesn't say anything about it in the interview with Shuhei on the 8th.  I was watching that live, and I actually recall the moment Shuhei brought up Dreams, because it really annoyed me that Greg dismissed it offhand and immediately moved on.  He didn't say anything about the release date, and it isn't edited.  If you can find what you're talking about, I think it adds some credibility, but again it's still single source.  Another possibility with Greg Miller, if you watch that 12/8 interview with Shuhei, he's trying really hard to get him to slip up and reveal information he's not supposed to.  Even if Greg DID say that to Shuhei somewhere, it's possible he did it just to try to get him to confirm or deny something before they were ready to.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  16. Yeah i am not saying it is official, i just recall greg saying that to Shuhei and Tim said it again later (in the video i posted). But we will see when it releases, hope rather soon then later.

17. Spring this year would be pretty sweet because that would mean the beta is soooooooooooooooooooon.

Solid_Justice likes this.