1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams News at Paris Games Week Mega Thread!

Discussion in 'News' started by DreamBubble, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Tyler

Tyler Dreamer Staff Member

We can't judge Dreams by a game not developed by Mm ;)

Tweet from Alex regarding controllers and dynamic loading.

and the music you heard was an original track by Mm!

I had a feeling this game is going to be a heavy mix of create and play together.

hyperdude95 likes this.
  2. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

3. hyperdude95

Vilkacis and Tyler like this.
  4. Thanks everyone for posting all this stuff here, it's great!

I am really keen to keep an eye out on beta information, especially as they say they will not "fire and forget" but will be involved and respond to players, cool.

Tyler and hyperdude95 like this.
  5. Vilkacis

Vilkacis Indecisive Dreamer

I would die of glee if the beta were to be out early next year. I was expecting summer 2016 at the earliest. Hopefully IGN didn't get their info misconstrued.

6. hyperdude95

7. hyperdude95

Everything players make in Dreams can be exported -- to the game development platform Unity, for instance, or to 3D printers.

-hyper

8. Hey guys , some questions , the "pink cat clown " gif and the football gif from which video are ? I saw yesterday the football scene but it was shorter ,because in the pgw i havent saw the goal , and i dont know where you saw the cat gif =.D!

9. Oneiros

Oneiros Guest

Tyler and hyperdude95 like this.
  10. MM recently gained the talents of Anton Mikhailov, previously one of the creative minds behind PlayStation VR at Sony, so it seems obvious there will be a crossover at some stage -- though the company is remaining (relatively) tight lipped for now.

"Let's just say there are dev kits on our desks," Evans said. "We haven't actually focused on it yet, so I can't announce VR in Dreams, but we joke that it could be the defining game in VR. When we're feeling bold. I do think that sculpting and creating in VR is just the most empowering feeling. You're in this world, immersed, and can create and change it. We're got to try it."
            source

This quote is slightly older than Paris Game Week, but think it got reiterated there again. Looks like they're at least experimenting with Playstation VR. Couldn't be more excited!

11. Shall we create a BETA thread?

12. Tyler

Added these and the IGN article to the OP.

A 3D printed object created from Dreams and exported to a computer.

These are from the media kit, as mentioned by @Oneiros. The kit includes a ton of gifs. The video you saw during the demo is really the only video of it.

IGN video

hyperdude95 and GribbleGrunger like this.
  13. mr_krispy_kreme

mr_krispy_kreme Donut Tastic Staff Member

According to the Wired article, Alex is hoping to test Dreams with an audience of millions. This, to me, implies that the beta will be open.

14. Tyler

I find this kinda disappointing. Don't like it when a beta goes "demo". I wish they went with a smaller group to focus on honest testing. That's how I treat beta releases, at least. Oh well.

15. hyperdude95

Its a bit too early for that. Maybe in the coming months when we know more. :D

-hyper

16. I've been wondering about getting a 3D printer and this just makes me even more keen!

Perhaps we need a thread on 3D printers - there are so many options and prices, so many types of media that can be used, it can be overwhelming just researching them all.  I would love to hear how other people have found 3D printers and to see their recommendations.

hyperdude95 likes this.
  17. hyperdude95

Maybe you can make one in random discussion Forum! :D

-hyper

Tyler likes this.
  18. most open betas have a closed phase with a smaller group first
    dreams' target audience is so much broader than just LBP and MediaMolecule fans, they have said they will be using the beta to find out what direction the game will go in more than ironing out bugs, so i'd imagine the more variety in beta testers the better.

19. hyperdude95