1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams PSX2017 Mega Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by hyperdude95, Dec 8, 2017.

1. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

[​IMG]

Dreams Playstation Experience 2017 Mega Thread!

The time is here everyone! All the Dreams goodness came and is still coming!

If you are looking for a hub of information that has been announced and such, this is the place to be!

Throughout the weekend, make sure to keep your eyes out for anything cool that you see and post it here in this thread! In the end, everything here will act as a 'goto' for all Dreams PSX goodness!

Let's get covering!

New Dreams trailer at the Video Game Awards 2017! [Link]
    PS Access Talks Dreams [Link]
    Dreams for PS4 is hard to explain but looks brilliant [Link]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. What i thought was very cool is one of the screenshots that was released alongside the PSX Trailer

look at this:

[​IMG]

I think they really made some progress when it comes to shadows. They look very organic and like they belong in the world. compared to earlier pixel-mess-shadows, this has blown my mind and has me convinced that we dont need to worry about the tech, as it seems to handle even such things with grace!

ChefGino and hyperdude95 like this.
  3. Re: my "Avalonia" reference on twitter...

It could be, or could not be, but right during the point where they "decorate" Frances, it looks like something that teeters on the concept of Avalonia from LittleBigPlanet 2 on the left :)

[​IMG]
    Also, I am still trying to capture what is shown in the little bubbles at the end! We shall see! :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    ChefGino and hyperdude95 like this.
  4. Update: So I asked Alex if we could possibly make MMORPGs, and that's one thing we can't do (at the moment!) But he says if there is interest....

I'm assuming the (...) means he might consider adding it to the game :))))))

[​IMG]

hyperdude95 and Nikidan like this.
  5. I'd be willing and happy to pay for a dedicated dreams server for me and all my buddies!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    SnowHermit and Mr. Admantechian like this.
  6. QuietlyWrong

QuietlyWrong Waiting for sleep

hyperdude95 and Nikidan like this.
  7. I feel like you posted this because of my stupidity.
    :D

8. QuietlyWrong

Not at all, it was the inanity of the official PSX stream thingy on the Live page telling me times in 'GST'. As if I live in Oman.

ChefGino likes this.
  9. QuietlyWrong

The PSX 2017 Opening Celebration is here, I've helpfully embedded at the point that Siobhan Reddy is introduced...

IF you want to see the whole darn thing, it starts at exactly the 30 minute mark.

10. PSX Panel was great!! I'm not going to be around for the MediaMolecule streams from their own booth later today, hoping that it's archived/captured for later viewing! Either way, wonderful to see Dreams again :)

Yonderland likes this.
  11. Do you know if there is gonna be a way to control the age of the people getting in your dreams? I am sure not all dreams are going to be PG rated.

12. I wonder if Dreams will have the Heart and Yay system  that  Lbp had.

13. Hey guys, I'm editing and posting all of the stills and video I took while I was at PSX on my Twitter account if you want to take a look.

14. BLAHBLAH1000

BLAHBLAH1000 The advocate for Fuzzy

Alex is amazing!

15. AWESOME

BLAHBLAH1000 likes this.
  16. QuietlyWrong

One more live stream has been promised by Mm in case you missed seeing the first one live or just want to see what else might get done this time round...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  18. biorogue

biorogue Earache my eye

So, I had pretty much sensory overload yesterday with Dreams. Mind asploded. To be perfectly honest. I have not been excited or anything about this game. Because all I had seen was them sculpting stuff or painting this and that and it really looked like create mode was A.) too complicated and B.) more for the artist
    After seen all the live streams yesterday and the panel on Saturday, oh how wrong I was. Good gravy, the stuff they showed and the stuff they didn't intend to show but did, just had me salivating and yearning for this game to release. I commented to Danny that I haven't been this excited for a game since the first LittleBigPlanet was announced at E3 800 years ago. (seems that long :p) I just couldn't get enough. I watched Danny's Periscope feeds and MM's Twitch feeds and was just enamored with what I witnessed. My girls are excited about it as well. One of my twins was just standing there going, "how? How do...WOW!" Apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

So I am super excited and cannot wait for this game to come out. If you haven't seen the streams, do so now.

bluearth, SnowHermit, Nikidan and 3 others like this.
  19. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

Welcome to the hype train!! - hyper

20. And now we await the first January stream.

hyperdude95 likes this.