1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams will be back NEXT MONTH AT PSX!

Discussion in 'News' started by hyperdude95, Nov 7, 2017.

1. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

8546321e227ac0f459923423e610a14b.jpg

After 1.5 years of patiently waiting, its finally time everyone! Playstation posted a blog about their upcoming gaming convention the Playstation Experience 2017 and they mentioned Dreams will be there!!

2e19c8237efa3f88a12967a83f808256.png

Its finally time that we will know what Media Molecule have been up to during the past year, we are sure it will be worth the wait! PSX is December 9 and 10 with a special event on the 8th for early bird ticketers!

Don't forget to watch Sony's conference too, we will be hosting a viewing party here!!

Meanwhile here is the blog for more details, hope to see some of you there!!

Blog: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/06/playstation-experience-2017-update-heres-the-plan/

So what do you think we are going to see?! Speculation time!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Dreamsfan, Thieso, Mora and 1 other person like this.
  2. I had a feeling they would I'm so happy!!!

ChefGino and hyperdude95 like this.
  3. I could not be more excited about this!!!!! And right after my semester is done. Christmas is coming early :D

I'm pumped to get into the beta and start streaming and exploring and what not.

Yonderland, ChefGino and hyperdude95 like this.
  4. YES!!!!!!!!!!!

hyperdude95 likes this.
  5. Holy balls guys. Time to rewatch all the livestreams

Lbphart3 and hyperdude95 like this.
  6. I have waited...SO LONG!! I visited 2 or 3 times Mm Twitter since the last stream! (And before that haha) So cool to finally start seeing Dreams again, I pray for one of those announcements where they say during presentation; “You can go download the beta, right now” haha. But seriously, this is the best I’m so happy!

[​IMG]

PS: In the case of a Beta announcement, should I prepare my PS4 account or my PlayStation somehow? Never been in a beta before, my PS4 is basically for dreams haha

ChefGino and hyperdude95 like this.
  7. Just bought a 65" 4K curved TV, last week. Buying a PS4 Pro on Black Friday. Coincidence? I don't think so. I'm gonna dive so far down the DREAMS rabbit hole, I may never come back! image.jpeg

Thieso, Yonderland, Nikidan and 2 others like this.
  8. And so it begins....

hyperdude95, Yonderland and ChefGino like this.
  9. sackchief

sackchief Imaginative Creator

Checking the Mm Blog every day and we finally get somewhere alright.  By the sound of it, Dreams might actually be the center of the show at PSX along with Ghosts of Tsushima.  My prediction is that they'll finally announce PSVR compatibility officially this time.  They have been hinting at it for a while.  Also I expect the beta to drop soon.  I'll be sure to participate in the livestream discussion here.

hyperdude95 and ChefGino like this.
  10. BLAHBLAH1000

BLAHBLAH1000 The advocate for Fuzzy

I'm so happy :') we finally have a DAY to look forward too!

Just in case, I would have some money saved for a PSplus subscription. It might not be required for the beta but probably will for multiplayer in the full game. I'm pretty sure you could publish levels in LBP3 without a subscription so the same should apply to Dreams.

11. this is from the latest dualshockers interview:
    seems like vr is a thing, but not the priority. to me it sounds like something thats gonna be patched in a while after the release.

Im so happy about the announce! having something official is just so good and nice. (even when its just info on more info lol)
    that relief. omg!
    sign me up for the livestream session :chill:

edit:
    speaking from experience: make sure to have enough storage space left on your hard drive. thats only the case of course if you tend to store lots of games and take lots of game captures. but they mentioned (years ago) that the game itself is suprisingly small. this can change of course, but when you say your ps4 is basically just for dreams, i'd say you're good to go already!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Dreamsfan and hyperdude95 like this.
  12. I can't wait! :D

hyperdude95 likes this.
  13. H Y P E

hyperdude95 likes this.
  14. What a relief! I'm so happy they announced it. :D

hyperdude95 likes this.
  15. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

Welcome back everyone, I love seeing familiar faces and new ones too here! It would be awesome if you can spread the word of Dreams! It would be now more than ever!!

-hyper

16. Haha it's been a while.

Yonderland and hyperdude95 like this.
  17. So we've seen a fair amount of what playing and creating in dreams is like... but how "sharing" works is completely unknown so far. The world of sharing video games has changed a LOT since LBP2- youtube and twitch gaming took off, in particular.

The notion of sharing and "remixing" objects into other objects has a lot of potential for visualizing your impact: for example, if I made a bush and someone then used that as tree leave and then someone used that tree as broccoli and then someone used that broccoli as hair on a character- well you get the point. I'd love to be able to SEE that evolution and see how what I made was used by other people. Likely? Nah, not really, but a man can dream!

Also... super excited to nerd out about the new logic system which YES I KNOW we've been told is going to be similar to LBPs but I can't image they haven't improved on it in some ways. I'm curious if Dreams could become a good platform for teaching some introductory computer science, circuitry, game design, or just "computational thinking" in general. I'll definitely be experimenting with that when I get my hands on it.

18. Vilkacis

Vilkacis Indecisive Dreamer

It has been such a long time!! Can’t wait!!

19. snas

snas all u ladies pop ur thrussies like this

AWWW SNAP !

20. Servilleta

Servilleta nuke me slowly

Let's see if we get the beta after the PSX, that would be awesome.

ChefGino, Yonderland and hyperdude95 like this.