1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams will be back NEXT MONTH AT PSX!

Discussion in 'News' started by hyperdude95, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Nothing surprising to say in my post... like everyone I can't wait to hear more at PSX!!! :D

Yonderland and hyperdude95 like this.
  2. i looked at the job listings, they are looking for a server developer. the rest of the jobs up for grabs seem less related to game play:  an animator job (they don't use key frames for dreams so is more than likely cinematic stuff) a video editor, (live action stuff, seems like their starting to put the finishing touches on it) an audio programmer (probably has to do with the music making side) and a Q&A job.

the server developer.job listing is slightly perplexing:

what's MM big dreams announcement? if they just were doing live streams they could just do it from the comfort of their HQ. why fly all the way to  California just to stream some footage? if they don't have a  server developer is it just a closed beta? that makes the most scene, everyone better rush to Walmart, buy some plastic PS4 cards and get ready to pre-order.

3. hey yea thats whats interesting to me as well! a while ago when things were quieter i totally got off of just watching the job offers change. I made a post about it back then, so feel free to click this link if you're interested in my thoughts on it.

Personally I can imagine the server developer being there primarily for in-house network testing, like simulating a dreamverse... (whats the whole networking stuff on dreams gonna be called anyway?) so they can have a look at what features might be required or what kind of scale to expect.
    I dont believe the server developer is for the actual release servers, since most of those networks are bought nowadays anyway?? Huge shot in the dark from me, but thats what most, if not all, developers do, right?

Anyway my hope is that the advertised job activities will somehow be carried out by the existing team, if no one qualified shows up in time and/or should s%#!t hit the fan.

Im confident they will deliver top notch quality in any case.

4. I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but theres that

ChefGino likes this.
  5. Kinda makes you wonder what they've been working on all this time, then.  Also shoots my PS5 theory in the foot.... or DOES IT??? :>

6. Audio. I think they have built an entire audio engine from scratch, incl music creation.