1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

news on the 3d printing front of dreams

Discussion in 'News' started by thundersmash789, Feb 5, 2018.

1. from twitter:

Media Molecule
    ✔@mediamolecule
    Replying to @EnochRootLBN
    These 3D prints are fantastic pal! We've 3D printed objects from #DreamsPS4 many times in the past and we're in the process of finding an optimised path for this, although it's not a current focus. It may not come in time for launch but we'll definitely keep you posted! :)

OK:  my thoughts:

1: the preorder incentive will be 3d printing 'vouchers',

2: this is how they will make the majority of the profits: off making 3D prints.

3: they could make blind bags and sell them at stores. (blind bags are random toys/minis in packaging that disguises the product, think like a pack of baseball cards)

ChefGino likes this.
  2. It's going to be fun 3d printing our own creations and I hope media molecule does create some merchandise for us.

3. BLAHBLAH1000

BLAHBLAH1000 The advocate for Fuzzy

I don't think it's likely that Mm will approach 3D printing like this. I think it's a stretch saying they'll sell prints at all. It seems more likely that users will be able to simply copy their models from the PS4 and plug it into whatever printing software they want. If they restricted printing to a "pay for print" model then I think it'd be a disaster that wouldn't make enough profit. 3D printing is so easy nowadays that you could find a printer at your local library if you don't own one already.

ChefGino likes this.