1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

No Dreams info lately :(

Discussion in 'News' started by CURTROCK, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Hi everybody. Am I imagining things, or has MM gone dark with no DREAMS news or info in quite a while? They said the beta would drop in 2016. That leaves about 6 weeks, right? Does anybody have any info? I guess I got spoiled with all those Twitch streams a while back, and the lack of info lately is making me anxious about the fate of this most awesome game....

ChefGino and Gargoyle516 like this.
  2. BLAHBLAH1000

BLAHBLAH1000 The advocate for Fuzzy

Lack of info most likely means they're simply working on the game. Since we are in the final weeks of it's initial release date, they're probably debating whether to delay the beta or not. It's actually a good sign that we haven't seen Dreams info/streams because they may be hunkering down to get the beta out on time. These are all guesses though.

ChefGino and CURTROCK like this.
  3. I just wish they would tease us with screenshots or small little videos. I'm not looking for a fancy stream with programmers. Let's leave them alone so they can finish the game. I just want to see something new to keep my interest alive and those that I'm trying to hype up for this game as well.

The radio silence is a little troubling, and I feel like the reason for this is that Sony's pushing them hard to make it VR ready on release. I have complete confidence that the game will release and be as amazing as we are all hoping for, it's just a little hard to remain excited at the moment.

4. PS VR support might turn out to be important though. After a few moments with Tiltbrush and Harmonix VR's Eazel, I think a non-stereoscopic, non-headtracked Dreams might feel a bit dated before it even comes out. At least the scupting bits. Gameplay, scene building looks it'll be great in non-VR, of course.

CURTROCK likes this.
  5. However long it takes, I know it'll be perfect.

CURTROCK likes this.
  6. The problem with VR is that if you don't know what you are doing, you can create an experience that will induce motion sickness/nausea. Dreams in VR will be awesome, but I'm curious to see how they will deal with ensuring the experiences people create will be VR friendly.

Vasuri and Sunken Planets like this.
  7. I hope they come up with some fresh ways to avoid motion sickness etc. Maybe have a VR certification system, so your level needs to have a steady, high enough, fps to get certified. Beyond that, people could rate your level for vr comfort.

I don't think people can or should be stopped from making bad, nauseating vr levels, but if we can leave comments, tags or votes about comfort, we'll be able to find the good ones - and, you can find reliable vr creators, follow them and check out the levels THEY like.

Vasuri likes this.
  8. So according to this article on ImpSpace (very bottom), we might be getting an update for Dreams during this year's PSX event. Possibly a beta announcement?

9. Servilleta

Servilleta nuke me slowly

Nothing about dreams in the PSX conference?

Can't be good...

10. BLAHBLAH1000

I gotta say, I'm surprised that Dreams made no appearance at PSX. This is the last SONY related gaming conference this year and it would've been the perfect place to release the beta. Because of this I'd start preparing ourselves for a delay to 2017. Looks like Mm is gunna need a miracle to release the beta on time!

Sunken Planets likes this.
  11. Bonnell7

Bonnell7 General Admiral

*sigh*

BLAHBLAH1000 likes this.
  12. BLAHBLAH1000

*sigh*

Bonnell7 likes this.
  13. *sigh*

Bonnell7 and BLAHBLAH1000 like this.
  14. mr_krispy_kreme

mr_krispy_kreme Donut Tastic Staff Member

Sigh.

Although on the bright side, I am not too upset that Mm is taking their time with this game. Look at what happened to LBP Karting or LBP3. Both games were horribly glitchy at the start, and they were rushed to create a game that was out by Christmas. As a result, both games ended up being considered horrible failures by a lot of fans, even though both games were eventually patched to solve some of the bugs.

I want to be excited about Dreams, and when Dreams does finally come out, I want it to be so good that the community is excited to play it endlessly and explore every aspect of creativity in it. From a community perspective, I know firsthand how damaging a poorly developed game can be.

Sunken Planets likes this.
  15. Bonnell7

Bonnell7 General Admiral

Yeah yeah.  I get the rationale.  But if I order the world's best pizza from the world's best pizza place, and the prep time is 4 or so years...  (bear in mind, this will be a great pizza)...  I'm still gonna be sad.

16. mr_krispy_kreme

Well... at least we can look at pictures of pizza!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    **drooling everywhere**

I do understand your point. We are all a little antsy to get our hands on this thing. I'd hope that a pizza I waited four years for would cause my mouth to explode with each bite :p

17. Bonnell7

Bonnell7 General Admiral

Great.  Now I'm impatient and hungry.

BLAHBLAH1000 likes this.
  18. BLAHBLAH1000

Oh god this is gunna turn into a pizza thread... I'M ON BOARD!

[​IMG]

Bonnell7 likes this.
  19. mr_krispy_kreme

Who invented that gif and where can I find this person to shake their hand :O

Bonnell7 likes this.