1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a site question, check out the Site Support forum or Help Tab. Need to talk to a staff member? Message or Contact Us!
    Dismiss Notice

PAX East 2016 Media Molecule Interview!

Discussion in 'News' started by hyperdude95, Apr 18, 2016.

1. hyperdude95

hyperdude95 Dreamer Staff Member

Hey everyone!

So the super awesome gaming convention PAX East 2016 is happening this weekend and one of the awesome Community Molecules, Jenny Lawrence is going to be there! One of our own is going to attend the event as well, and Jenny was super kind enough to do another interview with us over there.

While we are sure that many of you still have questions about Dreams, we are going to ask her some community related questions as well! Not all of the questions will be asked but we will see how that goes.

Ask your questions below! We will be taking them until this Friday!

BLAHBLAH1000 likes this.
  2. Got some:

-Will Dreams have multiplayer?
    -Will the game have a soundtrack?
    -Will there be a limit on how many Dreams/Items each person may publish?

That's all I got for now. To whoever is going, have fun at PAX. :D

BLAHBLAH1000 likes this.
  3. hyperdude95

I already know answers to two of those questions. :p Yes for multiplayer and there is no limit to how much you can create.

-hyper

Goober1823 likes this.
  4. snas

snas all u ladies pop ur thrussies like this

Ive got some too uwu....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Will you be able to create turn based rpgs in dreams?                                                                                                                                                                            Will they be a feature like the magic mouth from lbp?

hyperdude95 and BLAHBLAH1000 like this.
  5. What logic system will Dreams use? i.e. boolean/euclidian

sorry if that sounds like a stupid question

What kind of particle effects will be available to people to create with?

And like goober asked will the game have a soundtrack?

hyperdude95 likes this.
  6. from my understanding of Dreams - which is not perfect - that there is no water mechanics in the game but instead people can make it themselfs.

My first question is how much depth can someone make water and tamper with its physics to make it look similar to the real thing?

My second questions is will there be anything like a ready to use sound effects like rain, fire or wind that people can include in their dreams?

Thank you so much Mm for Dreams. i'm totally in love with your work.

hyperdude95 likes this.
  7. Q: Will Dreams be able to have 2 player couch co-op like creating and playing on the same screen/console?

hyperdude95 and Yonderland like this.
  8. Q: Is there any specifics about the music / audio / sound design tools you can tell us?
    Sorry If You've already been asked this a million times before, haha. x)

hyperdude95 likes this.
  9. mr_krispy_kreme

mr_krispy_kreme Donut Tastic Staff Member

I have three questions... mostly about the community management model there.

1. What do you see as your role in the community as a community manager? How important is the role of the community manager?

2. Describe your experience as a community manager thus far. What inspiration do you draw from?

3. In any gaming community, there is a separation between the online community and the in-game community. How do you bridge the two? Or do you feel they should exist separately?

hyperdude95 and Yonderland like this.
  10. 1-Will we be able to streamline how our characters move, jump, and interact with the environment? Thus far weve seen created characters move in a very static manner, not veryvappeasing for would he platforming creators or their players.

2-Similar question, but will we be able to bring our levels to life via movement like lbp? Pistons, elastic, bolts etc or dreams version of them. I dont think ive seen levels move at all.

3-Talk about how much content we can pack into levels.

4-will there be coop create?

Yonderland and hyperdude95 like this.
  11. hyperdude95

Great questions guys! Do you have any silly ones to ask Jenny as well? Would be fun. :D Perhaps about something they do for fun in Media Molecule? :)

-hyper

12. I have another question

Will we be able to import mp3 sound files from the internet to use in our creations in Dreams? would allow for many more possibilities and make the creation process much easier.

13. mr_krispy_kreme

mr_krispy_kreme Donut Tastic Staff Member

Who is the biggest prankster at Mm?

Mora and BLAHBLAH1000 like this.
  14. Any update on this? Did you get a chance to ask wuestions?

Yonderland likes this.
  15. hyperdude95

Yes. :) I have to edit the podcast (its an hour long!). Its finals week here, so after that ill work on it. Promise!

-hyper

Jrange and Yonderland like this.
  16. Awesome bro.